All About Us
At Caring for yourself as a Carer, we sincerely care about your well-being.
Since taking steps to care for ourselves and our special needs family, we’ve been passionate about helping other families like ours to know that they don’t have to stay in survival mode, you can start to grow and thrive anyway.
We recently lost our five year old, Matthew to a rare and complex medical condition. I have begun this page as a way to share what I have learnt along the way, to spread the legacy of my little boy, and to help me process as I go.
A bit of an experiment, but I could not be more passionate about seeing other parents do better in-spite of the ‘diagnosis’ or ‘prognosis’ of their child.
Check out our recent posts:
- Building Community as a Carer – Why do my friends call this life The Hunger Games?
- Sleep tips to cope with your child in hospital.
- 10 Ways to Connect With Your Friend After They Have Lost Their Child
- A great therapist – Celeste Clancy
- Grief while facing a New Year
“The first wealth is health”